Thursday, February 7, 2013

Banana oatmeal

   Today started out with the most amazing oatmeal I've had in a long time


First on the stove I simmered half a banana with a half a cup of almond milk


After that simmered for about 5 minutes, I added a 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats


I let it simmer for about 5 more minutes until I could tell the oats were done.
I poured into a bowl and added a couple teaspoons of cinnamon, and of course a spoon spoonfuls of whole foods fresh ground almond(this stuff is beyond amaze if you haven't tried it, do it!!)

Pure deliciousness!

Ingredients 
One ripe banana
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup old fashioned oats 
2 tsp cinnamon
Walnuts(optional)

Slice up banana and simmer with almond milk on the stove for 5 minutes.
Add the old fashioned oats to the pot and cook til the oats are done, about another 5 minutes.
Pour into a bowl and top with cinnamon, walnuts, nut butter or any other deliciousness you can think of.
Enjoy!








I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment