Monday, January 21, 2013

Coming clean

 Ok so it's only been a couple posts but I feel like I need to come clean. I have a confession.... I am an addict, a nut butter addict. It all started with my love for peanut butter and has significantly progressed to just about any nut butter. My most recent obsession however, is the one and only almond butter. 
The other day I was at the commissary(for those not familiar with military lingo, it's the grocery store on base) and went to grab a jar of the deliciousness.  I did a double take at the price tag and almost dies $8.00!!!!  Completely unacceptable... I don't care how bad the addiction is I refuse to pay $8.00 for a 6 oz jar of that stuff. Needless to say, it forced the Martha Stewart out in me and I decided to make my own.

And let me tell ya, I am never going back.
This stuff is 832764628746 times better than any store stuff I've ever bought. PLUS you get to lick your spatula and consume about half the batch before its even done. If any of you have made this stuff you know what I'm talking about. AND there are no preservatives, sugar, or salt here...Just all natural amazingness
Here is how it went down...

2 cups raw almonds( I had already processed mine to almond flour)

After about 2 minutes of processing

Scrape down sides and repeat process of processing and scraping over and over

After about 6 minutes I got the desired consistency I wanted

Heavenly


Homemade Almond Butter

2-4 cups raw almonds(depending on size of food processor)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
If you want a nuttier taste, roast almonds on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes or until fragrant.
Let cool off a bit then start blending away in the food processor.
It will start to clump together, so stop the processor and scrape down the sides. You are going to have do this multiple times.
Keep blending until you get desired consistency, scrape into a well sealed jar and eat yourself sick :)









I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment