Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mama's Nuts

  When I walked into my parents house over Christmas break, I walked into the most heavenly aroma of cinnamon maple sweetness. I don't know about y'all, but I found this out probably within the first month of going away to college...there is nothing like coming home. I went from being the typical teenager who could not wait to move out, to realizing there is no better place than home. I dont care how old I get there is always going to be that comfort of being at home. The same smells you will always remember, the comfy bed you slept in for 18 years of your life and of course the amazing homecooked meals I swear my Mom whips out in her sleep.
Ok, back to the deliciousness....After I walked through the door the first words out of my mouth were "what is that heavenly smell?" not waiting even .2 seconds to dig in...My sweet little innocent Mom replies "my nuts!"
Needless to say, these were made on a daily basis because yes, I would finish off a whole plate in one sitting completely unashamed.
 Here is the recipe in all its glory...





I
























Recipe:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2 cups raw almonds or walnuts
1/4 cup sugar free or regular maple syrup
2 tbs cinnamon 
1-3 tbs of sugar or stevia (depends on how sweet you like)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into greased pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Depends on how done you like them. I like mine on the edge of burnt so I did 14 minutes, but if you like chewier do 10 :)

Enjoy!


I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment